Lost or stolen Debit, Credit Card, or Checkbook
Lost or Stolen Debit or Credit Card?
Losing or having Debit or VISA cards stolen can be very scary for anyone. Here’s what to do as soon as you discover you don’t have your card.
Step 1– Call Newrizons 360-533-4760 immediately. Always call Newrizons. Leave a message if we’re closed. We’ll get back to you the next business day.
Next, if we’re closed, For Credit Cards, Call 800-528-2273 to block all activity. For Debit Cards, Call 800-528-2273 to block all activity.
Step 2- Contact the Police Department. If it was stolen, report the loss to the local police department to best protect you from fraud. Record the case number and the name of the officer who took your report. We may need this information later if additional charges are made against your account.
Step 3– Order a New Card. Newrizons will open a new account or simply order new cards with different numbers for you whichever is the best to protect you.
Lost or Stolen Checkbook?
Losing your checkbook can be very stressful. Here’s what to do as soon as you discover you they’re gone.
Step 1- Call Newrizons 360-533-4760
Always call Newrizons. Leave a message if we’re closed. We’ll get back to you as fast as we can and not later than the next business day.
Stop Pays on some or all of your checks may be best or closing your checking account completely and opening a new checking account with a different number. We’ll figure that out together including order new checks if that’s best for you.
Step 2- Contact the Police Department
If they were stolen, report the loss to the local police department to best protect you from fraud. Record the case number and the name of the officer who took your report. We may need this information later if additional charges are made against your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I Close My Checking Account?
- YES- If you lost your checkbook.
- NO- If you lost your debit/credit card.
Can I Get a Replacement Card if my Debit card is lost or stolen?
- YES- A new card with a different number will be ordered. This takes 10-20 business and a fee may apply.
Are Auto-Payment Affected?
- YES- You will need to change the account number for every auto payment you have when your Newrizons account or Debit card number changes.
I ordered a new card; do I need to do anything else?
- YES- It is very important that you monitor your account activity to confirm that no other theft occurred.
Am I liable for purchases made with my stolen card?
- There’s no simple answer. In general, you have some liability until you report the card as stolen or fraudulent activity. Here’s why it’s not simple.
Do I have to file a police report?
- YES. In order for Newrizons to pursue legal actions to protect your account and money filing a police report is required.
What if I think there is fraud on my account?
- Contact Newrizons immediately. Fraud is often committed by close friends, family and co-workers. It is a great idea to protect your personal information like a PIN to help protect yourself from fraud.
I closed my checking account as directed, am I still liable for bad checks?
- NO- Newrizons automatically refuses any checks issued after the reported loss date that were not authorized by you.